Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 RTM Cumulative Update 1
The long awaited Exchange 2013 RTM CU 1 is out today
Get ready for co-existence with Exchange 2010 SP3.
Read all the exciting details @ the MSExchangeTeam Blog here
Download the setup here:
Cumulative update 1 for Exchange Server 2013 (KB2816900):
Exchange 2013 RTM CU1 includes a number of bug fixes and enhancements over the RTM release of Exchange 2013. Some of the more notable enhancements are identified below.
Address Book Policies
An Address Book Policy Routing Agent has been included in Exchange 2013 RTM CU1.
Groups can manage groups!
Exchange 2013 RTM CU1 groups can be owners of groups for membership management.
Public Folder Favorites Access through Outlook Web App
In Exchange Server 2013 RTM there was no way to access Public Folder content through Outlook Web App. In CU1 you will now have access to Public Folders you have added as favorites via your favorites menu either in Outlook or Outlook Web App. However, this access is limited to Public Folders stored on Exchange Server 2013.
Remember, you cannot start creating Public Folders on Exchange Server 2013 until all users have been migrated to Exchange Server 2013.
Exchange Admin Center Enhancements
The Exchange Admin Center (EAC) has been enhanced and now includes Unified Messaging management, improvements in the migration UI allowing more migration options reducing the gap between PowerShell and the UI, and general overall improvements in the user experience for consistency and simplification based on customer feedback.
High Availability and Monitoring Enhancements
There have been several enhancements in the high availability and Managed Availability space. In particular:
- The Best Copy Selection algorithm now honors MaximumActiveDatabases.
- Auto-reseed now supports disks that have Bitlocker encryption.
- Many probes, monitors, and responders have been updated and improved over the RTM release.
- Get-HealthReport cmdlet has been streamlined and its performance has been optimized.
- Exchange 2013 RTM CU1 will support the Exchange Server 2013 Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager (SCOM); this management pack will be available at a later date. This management pack is supported on SCOM 2007 R2 and SCOM 2012.