Exchange 2013 Cumulative Update 3 Released
Microsoft has released Cumulative Update 3 for Exchange 2013 which has come with many improvement. Let us have a look on the improvements
We recently celebrated the anniversary of Exchange 2013 and now we got Cumulative Update 3 to fix most of the bugs and issues.
We also heard about the news about the service pack 1 (cumulative update 4) which is about to come in 2014 Q1. This means all the organization which has a norm to implement the product after the release of Service pack 1 then it is the time for them to design, plan and procure the new hardware and other facility like space.
Exchange 2013 Cumulative Update 3 is version 15.00.0775.038
Exchange 2013 Cumulative Update 3 ms-Exch-Schema-Verision-Pt is 15283
Here I am more than happy to share some highlights of Cumulative Update 3. I am sure you would have already read about them but if you have not then here they come.
- Active Directory Schema will be updated same as earlier Cumulative Updates.
- Usability improvements when adding members to new and existing groups in the Exchange Administration Console
- Online RMS available for use by non-cloud based Exchange deployments
- Admin audit log experience has been enhanced
- Windows 8.1/IE11 no longer require the use of OWA Light
- Correct restore of the exchange 2013 backup dataset. Issue is mentioned here
Download Exchange 2013 Cumulative Update 3 here
Issue fix list can be reviewed here
The best deployment will be in lab before Production.
By the way I was able to install the cumulative update 3 without any issue and adding few screenshots below. My user account had schema admins, enterprise admins, organization management and domain admins.
Feel free to let us know if you face any issue.
Microsoft MVP | Exchange Server