Exchange 2010 blank OAB
Users might get a blank OAB/GAL in Outlook with exchange 2010. It took me a week to figure this out since there was no traces found on the internet.
Exception Exception type: System.NullReferenceException
Exception message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
This is how I resolved it:
1. Install support tools and open ADSIEDIT
2. Expand the Configuration container and navigate to this location–Exchange–Organization name
4. Go to the properties of organization name
5. Double click on the attribute: MSExchResourceAddressLists
6. Here, we are looking for an entry which has deleted items in it. This would be an address list entry which was not deleted properly. In my case, it was:
CN=Printer mailboxes\0BAFAB:3a62e7b2-32c2-513a-c2c3-2bbd316324fc,CN=Deleted Objects,CN=Configuration,DC=Ratish,DC=Main,DC=com
7. Delete this entry, restart your IIS and confirm.