RPC Client Access Service keeps restarting in Exchange 2013
Let’s see how to address and issue where RPC Client Access Service keeps restarting on Exchange 2013 server with / without CU1.
Event log will show the below error:
The Microsoft Exchange RPC Client Access service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 5000 milliseconds: Restart the service.
The service restarts by itself but it becomes annoying for the users because they will get an offline/online popup box in outlook.
This is an issue which occurs in only few environments and not in every environment so this might not occur in your environment.
There is no need of applying this fix until you face this issue.
1. This can be fixed by adding the following registry key. Here are the steps:
- On windows 2008 à Click on start à Run or on windows 2012 open command prompt with run as administrator
- Type regedit and hit enter
Go to the following location
- Right Click and select new Dword Value
- Type MinimumConnectionTimeout with the decimal value 120
- Close regedit and restart the server.
2. This can also be fixed by the below solution:
Change the log on account of MS Exchange RPC Client Access service from “system account” to “Netwotk Service” account.
3. Another fix for this issue is here:
Stop and Start the Microsoft Exchange Health Manager service.
Issue should get fixed. **use at your own risk**
Microsoft MVP | Exchange Server