Exchange 2007/2010/2013: ActiveSync asking for Domain Name on Mobile Device
Post migration from Exchange 2010 to 2013, mobile devices are not connecting with out domain name.
Unable to query domain and authentication failed.
There is no solution for it. It is by design as there is no field for the domain name in the Exchange Active Sync configuration.
1. Login to the CAS server
2. Open IIS Manager
3. Expand Default website
4. Highlight the Microsoft- Server-Activesync and select authentication on the right side
5. Go to the properties of the authentication
6. Right Click on Basic Authentication and click edit.
7. Type backward slash in Default Domain “” and type your domain name in the Realm
8. Reset IIS by the cmd – “IISRESET /NOFORCE /TIMEOUT:120”
Microsoft MVP | Exchange server